Poster competition for early career engineers
Applications are invited from early career engineers to take part in a poster competition and exhibition at the House of Commons on 12 March 2012.
Organised by the Parliamentary Scientific Committee, the Set for Britain event is inviting posters that fall under one of the following themes: Engineering, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, or Physical Sciences (Chemistry and Physics).
Entries will be evaluated by a judging panels on the following criteria:
- Is the submission well written and could it be understood by a lay audience?
- Does the abstract have a good introduction and make clear the contribution of the candidate?
- The supervisor's recommendation for insight into the candidate contribution(s).
- How long has the person been working on the project and is the project in an early phase?
- Novelty and/or importance of the work.
- Difficulty and/or complexity of the project.
Entries must be submitted electronically by 24 December.