Starpack Industry Award winners 2010
The winners of the 2010 Starpack Industry Awards were announced on 23
September at the 2010 Starpack Dinner and Awards Presentations at the
Landmark Hotel in London.
The evening was hosted by the London South East Packaging
Society and Marks & Spencer in aid of CLIC Sargent, a charity for young cancer sufferers.
The overall winner was the Event Can (Full Aperture SuperEnd) from CROWN Bevcan Europe and Middle East. The drinks can, described by judges as 'practical and time saving', also won the Alcoholic Beverages category for its unique ring pull which opens all of the top of the can.
A host of well designed, commercially available packs were entered into a total of 11 categories. The other Gold winners were:
- Food and beverages: M&S chocolate butterflies.
- Luxury, Promotional & Gift ware: Champneys Picnic Box and Ballantine's Finest 'Equalizer'.
- Consumer products: BOSCH IXO 4 Cordless Power Tool tin.
- Pharmaceutical: Child Resistant Spray Closure.
- Retail ready packaging: Fudges Food Services SRP.
- Transit B2B: Bentley UN Battery Pack.
- Transit Business to Consumer: Pack for Shrubs.
- Environment: Cadbury Roses Tin Replacement Carton.
- Decoration: Old Parr Superior Centenary Gift Pack.