Downham Technology Limited
Eur.Ing David S Smith
MSc., C Eng., MIM3, FWeldI
Certified European Welding Engineer, International Welding Engineer
Dave Smith has more than 35 years experience with the design, fabrication, construction and repair & maintenance of ferrous and non-ferrous materials for pressure, temperature and structural applications to British, European and International codes and standards.
He is the author of a number of published papers on different aspects of high integrity manufacturing, and a member of several national and international standards committees.
Through his company, Downham Technology Limited, he provides advice on manufacturing to British, European and American codes and regulations, including
- PD 5500 – Unfired Fusion Welded Pressure Vessels
- EN 12952 – Water Tube Boilers
- EN 13445 – Unfired Pressure Vessels
- EN 13480 – Metallic Industrial Piping
- ASME I, III, VIII – Divisions 1, 2 & 3 – Pressure Vessels
- ASME B31.1 & B31.3 – Power and Process Piping
- AWS D1.1 and D1.6 – Structural Steel Codes
- EN 15085 – Welding of Railway Vehicles and Components
- EN 1011 – Welding; Recommendations for Welding of Metallic Materials
- EN ISO 3834 – Quality Requirements for Fusion Welding of Metallic Materials
He is able to provide specific advice on the interpretation of European Directives; specifically the Pressure Equipment Directive (97/23/EC), Simple Pressure Vessel Directive (2009/105/EC) and Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC); and the preparation of
- Particular Material Appraisals (PMA)
- Risk Assessments
- Declarations of Conformity
- Technical files
and the interpretation of European material and welding standards.
Dave Smith acts as a Responsible Welding Coordinator, in accordance with EN ISO 14731, for a number of clients in different sectors of the welding and fabrication industry. This includes, but is not limited to the preparation of technical specifications and procedures for materials (ferrous and non-ferrous) and fabrication processes – welding, forming, heat treatment, NDT, mechanical testing etc.
Advice is available on welding process, material and consumable selection; welding procedure and welder qualification.
Failure Investigations, process troubleshooting and engineering critical assessments are also regularly undertaken on request.
A list of clients is available.
For further information or to discuss a specific requirement, please do contact Downham Technology Ltd on +44 (0) 7734889350 or e-mail: email@example.com.