Atkins Consultants Limited
- Independent materials advice, support and investigation
- Expert witness, forensic engineering and failure analysis
- Professional site investigation
- Structural integrity and fatigue assessments.
Services to the Iron, Steel and Lime indusstries worldwide, including:
- Techno-economic feasibility studies
- Privatisation and due diligence studies
- Plant development and design
- Plant performance improvement studies
- Environmental impact assessments
Typical projects undertaken:
- UK - Ladbroke Grove Investigation. Reported to Lond Cullen enguiry on the nature of fuel tank and body shell failures
- Ghana Electrification Project - materials investigation of structural steelwork
- North America - failure analysis of cement grinding plant
- UK - Expert witness regarding fitness for service of jacking system pinions in a jack-up drilling rig
- Technical and financial due diligence on the development of an aluminium smelter
- Expert witness for plate and strip steel quality arbitration.
- Technical review of heavy steel foundry and forge with proposal of low cost investments and changes in operating practices.
- Feasibility studies and construction management of steel and cement and lime plants.
Overseas experience: United States of America, Canada, Philippines, Malaysia, South Korea, Ghana, France, Germany, Czech Republic, Italy, Belgium, Finland, Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Greece, Thailand, Poland, Iran, Portugal, Morocco, Venezuela, India, South Africa.
Language(s): A range of languages are available in-house