Technology Communities Board members
Institute of Materials, Minerals & Mining
- Contract type
- Voluntary role
- Closing date
- 28 Feb 2023
The Technology Communities Board (TCB) is part of the new Governance structure of IOM3, with responsibility for overseeing the operation and structure of the 22 Technical Communities (TCs). As part of this, the IOM3 is seeking to recruit 6-8 new board members who provide a diverse mix of people/skills to represent the technical disciplines and range of communities our members operate in.
These board members will be responsible for overseeing the activities of the 22 TC groups, ensuring compliance with IOM3 policies, objectives and any other matters raised by, or in need of reporting to the Executive Board. The TCB will also be responsible for the development of the overarching themes identified by IOM3 which act as the pillars of the TCs, listed in the full document.
What are we looking for?
- An industrial or academic technical background in one or more of the disciplines covered by IOM3
- Experience of working with our Technical Communities, maybe as part of their Leadership Team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, and able to build relationships at all levels
- A creative thinker able to think outside of the box
- A team player with the credibility to be listened to
- Possess a strong desire to provide service and benefits to members
Not sure if you qualify?
Don’t meet every requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At IOM3 we are building a diverse, inclusive and authentic Institute, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the role description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles
What do you do next?
- Send an email to Anita, [email protected] with a current CV, and a brief statement of no more than 400 words as to why you want to join the TCB and what you can offer.
- Closing date: 28th February 2023 at 11.59 pm
For further information about these rolesTCB Board members.pdf