Technical Sales Manager – Metallography
- Contract type
- Guiseley, West Yorkshire
- Closing date
- 10 Mar 2023
- Very competitive
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a unique, self-motivated person to join a successful family-run business, which provides a comprehensive range of new and refurbished metallographic equipment and consumables for material science analysis and quality inspection procedures.
There is potential for high growth and the right candidate needs to have the passion and drive to help grow the business, alongside the Managing Director, and have the ambition to be a leader/key player in the company in the future.
Founded in 1999, Spectrographic was set up and continues to be run by Managing Director, Paul Chippendale, a skilled metallographer with over 20 years’ industry experience. The company is based in Guiseley, West Yorkshire.
Spectrographic’s customers are expert metallurgists employed in the automotive, oil and gas, aerospace industries and higher and further education establishments in the UK and internationally. Clients include Rolls-Royce, BAE Systems, Siemens, Tata Steel, The University of Oxford, The University of Manchester, The University of Sheffield and DEKRA Industrial, Massey University (New Zealand) and The University of the South Pacific (Fiji).
Spectrographic Limited offer:
- A comprehensive range of new and used metallurgical equipment
- Consumables for a complete range of material science applications
- Specialist advice for all metal testing procedures
- Microscopic image and inspection analysis
- Hardness testing equipment
- Installations, calibrations and servicing
Skills & experience requirements required for the role:
- Competent within practical metallography
- Good technical and practical understanding of microscopes and hardness testers
- Ability to discuss applications within material testing / standard metallurgical testing, prepare client presentations and showcase machines.
- Confident maintaining and developing relationships with current clients whilst building relationships with new clients, gauging needs using phone, email and in-person meetings
- Confident identifying new business opportunities, including new markets, new clients, new partnerships or new products and services
- Confident attending conferences and events to build relationships with industry partners and staying up to date with new trends
- Solid IT skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Enjoy working with people and should have excellent interpersonal skills and sales attitude
Interested applicants should email CV to [email protected]
Closing date - Please note we will close the opportunity once the position has been filled, which could be sooner than the closing date.