Senior Research Engineer, Ceramics - DYSON
Senior Research Engineer – Ceramics
Team: Research Engineering – Environmental Control
Location: Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson has invested in a novel ceramic technology, and we need to exploit it for a range of future product opportunities. This requires a Senior Research Engineer specialising in ceramics with leadership potential who can help us to fully exploit the technology. You will join a team at our Malmesbury campus where we have state of the art sintering and analytical equipment. Working closely with a number of multidiscipline teams you’ll be leading the technical development of the ceramic technology and enhancing material research further for our application.
- Drive research programmes through technology readiness levels.
- Hands on formulation of ceramic compositions
- Working with engineers to build sintered components
- Using analytical equipment to understanding the relationship between formulation, process and final material properties.
- Line management and mentoring opportunities
- Presentation of proposals and review findings at the highest level of the organisation
Skills and Experience
- PhD or equivalent in material science, preferably specialising in ceramics, semiconductor and device materials, or similar.
- Experience with ceramic fabrication techniques such as milling, sintering and different green body shaping techniques would be desirable.
- Experience with a wide range of characterisation techniques including some from: optical microscopy, SEM, XRD, particle size analysis, mechanical testing, AC spectroscopy and polymer characterisation techniques (such as FTIR, DSC and TGA).
- Demonstrated track record of application of above techniques and fundamental understanding to investigate ceramic properties and behaviours.
- Hands-on experience building experiment rigs, performing experiments and analysing data using tools such as Minitab, R, or similar.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
If you would like to apply or start a discussion with us further please apply directly through the link below or contact Francesca.firstname.lastname@example.org