Modern Methods of Construction Manager, MPA Precast
Mineral Products Association
- Contract type
- Leicester, England, United Kingdom Hybrid
- Closing date
- 07 Aug 2022
About the job
Great opportunity and a new and additional post for an experienced practitioner and specialist in Modern Methods of Construction, to help lead our outreach and engagement with key stakeholders and influencers on behalf of the concrete and masonry sector.
Within the post, you will have the chance to contribute to an essential industry critical to the UK construction and manufacturing sector.
Reporting to, and supported by, our Director responsible for this area, you will help delivering industry objectives for our Members. As an example, some of the core duties will involve:
- Providing technical and market support for our Member sector group that includes manufacturers of structural, cladding, paving, pipes and drainage.
- Contribute to developing best practice guidance and key policy messages related to housing, buildings and infrastructure.
- Developing and maintaining contacts with stakeholders such as developers, designers, contractors within the construction industry and favourably influence them to specify precast concrete construction products.
- Assist in the promotion of precast concrete and modern methods of construction as sustainable construction materials of choice.
That's just for starters!
As with all of our roles, you certainly won't be short of interesting and varied work!
In all of this, you you will form part of a small but highly effective and agile team as well as work closely with our Member companies, central/devolved Government departments and the regulatory agencies.
What are we looking for in you in return?
Experience required in the built environment such as: the design, construction or concrete industry such as an architect, civil/structural engineer, or constructor.
- Previous experience of industry committees and building consensus across multi-disciplined contributors, plus any experience of a membership organisation is preferable but not essential.
- Be able to represent the precast concrete sector at a senior level to Government, industry and on national/international committees.
- Knowledge of construction and the market for construction materials.
- Finally, a self-starter, who can self manage a workload independently, but also works closely and effectively with colleagues.
Time to change and influence your whole sector for the better? We'd love to hear from you.
Please note: The main location for this role is our Leicester office, but the main London office or a home based option will also be considered as long as you have good access attend meetings when required. Travel will be involved as required, both within the UK to our Member locations and occasionally mainland Europe.
CVs to Steve Huxham - [email protected]