Mechanical Testing Laboratory Technician
- Contract type
- Redditch, Worcestershire
- Closing date
- 16 Sep 2022
The technician will be based within the mechanical testing department of the laboratory providing the necessary support to ensure routine release testing and first article reports are completed on time. This will require the technician to undertake preparation of mechanical test specimens and conduct tensile, impact, fracture toughness and bend testing (when approved on the skills matrix). The technician will be able to work unsupervised and manage their workload after the necessary training has been completed.
Scope and Responsibilities
- Booking in test samples and reporting of results using the laboratory LIMS system
- Mechanical testing – tensile, impact fracture toughness and bend
- Support external audits and annual PTP programme as required to maintain laboratory approvals
- Cover ad hoc duties as required - data entry, filing, control of scrap material, preventative maintenance of machines
- Methodical and closely follow technical procedures
- Effective management of workload
- Able to work to tight deadlines without being closely supervised.
- Flexible and able to provide a reasonable level of overtime as required to support the business (agreed on a weekly basis).
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience of performing mechanical tests
- High level of accuracy
- Able to use Microsoft office proficiently
- Experience working in a NADCAP/ISO 17025 laboratory is desirable.
- Test piece machining skills are desirable – lathe, CNC, milling, band sawing, broaching.
- Training can be provided to suitable applicants.
- Compliance with EHS and legislative standards
- Compliance with PPE and all other safety policies and procedures
- Promotes safe working practices
- Participate in risk assessment and “near miss” risk mitigation activities
- Ensuring the service provided is of the highest standard
- Carrying out tasks right first time to the required standard
- Carrying out tasks in the appropriate timeframe
- Conclusion of tasks on time and to the required standard
- Proactively identifying cost saving measures ensuring no detriment to any services provided
- Professional standards of written and verbal communication between internal and external customers
- Works in compliance with all Mettis policies and procedures
- Ambassador for Mettis Group
- Role model for the Company’s Vision, Mission and Value
More information and apply please email - [email protected]