Manufacturing Support Engineer - TENMAT, Manchester
We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Support Engineer with experience in a manufacturing based role. The successful candidate will join the Technical department working as part of the Research and Development team reporting to the Materials Team Leader and will be responsible for leading process and materials related production support projects.
DUTIES OF ROLE
- Development and improvement of existing products and processes.
- Evaluation of alternative raw materials and technologies to continuously improve product performance and sustainability.
- Working alongside the Production Managers in troubleshooting and upscaling processes.
- Carrying out and overseeing the fabrication, measurement and analysis of materials and products.
- Innovation of new material manufacturing technologies.
- Preparing technical reports and presentations.
EDUCATION/TRAINING & KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an industrial environment, ideally in manufacturing.
- Strong communication, computer literacy, report writing, presentation and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Previous experience working with polymers, composites, refractory or ceramic materials would be advantageous.
- A full UK driving licence held for more than one year.
- Practical and pragmatic approach with a determined and resilient attitude.
- Proven ability to produce and follow plans.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to understand detailed information.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- A proven ability to adapt to change regularly in order to overcome a wide range of issues.
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement (33 days incl. bank holidays)
- Free Parking
- Subsidised Canteen
For more information or to apply please email: email@example.com
ABOUT TENMAT - https://www.tenmat.com/
TENMAT is a leading manufacturer of advanced materials and components with outstanding mechanical and thermal properties for demanding industrial applications. The diversified product range includes, thermoset composites for wear parts and bearings, engineering ceramics, high temperature resistant materials, passive fire protection solutions and functionally graded materials.
TENMAT operates an ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System for the design, development and manufacturing of specialized high performance engineering materials and components.
TENMAT stands for innovation, safety products, commitment to our customers and the latest quality standards worldwide.
The TENMAT group is a multinational corporation with fully owned subsidiaries and presences in the United Kingdom, North America, France, Germany, Sweden and Italy, supported by a global network of vendors and distributors.