Research and Development Scientist - TENMAT, Manchester
We are currently looking for a proactive and professional Research and Development Scientist to join our Technical R&D department on a full-time, permanent basis.
DUTIES OF ROLE
Responsibilities will also include:
- Leading new product development projects from inception through to finished product
- Development and improvement of existing products and processes
- Evaluation of alternative raw materials and technologies to continuously improve product performance and sustainability
- Preparing technical reports and presentations
- Carrying out and overseeing the fabrication, measurement and analysis of materials on a laboratory scale
- Working alongside Production Managers in upscaling processes
- Maintaining quality standards
- Liaising with Marketing and Sales teams to identify new products
- Working with Business Managers to deliver technical understanding of Tenmat products to customers
EDUCATION/TRAINING & KNOWLEDGE
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline, preferably Materials Science
- Experience of working with composites, polymers, refractory or ceramic materials would be advantageous
- Experience in a Technical/Engineering role within a manufacturing environment would be advantageous
- A full UK driving licence would be desirable
- Driven and highly motivated to achieve results with an ability to meet deadlines
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Outstanding problem solving skills and analytical ability
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Practical and pragmatic approach
- Positive, determined and resilient attitude
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to understand detailed information quickly
- Excellent report writing and presentation skill
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement (33 days incl. bank holidays)
- Company bonus
- Free Parking
- Subsidised canteen
HOW DO I APPLY?
If you fit the above criteria, please send your CV and cover letter either by post or email to April Stevens: firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources Officer
Ashburton Road West
ABOUT TENMAT - https://www.tenmat.com/
TENMAT is a leading manufacturer of advanced materials and components with outstanding mechanical and thermal properties for demanding industrial applications. The diversified product range includes, thermoset composites for wear parts and bearings, engineering ceramics, high temperature resistant materials, passive fire protection solutions and functionally graded materials.
TENMAT operates an ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System for the design, development and manufacturing of specialized high performance engineering materials and components.
TENMAT stands for innovation, safety products, commitment to our customers and the latest quality standards worldwide.
The TENMAT group is a multinational corporation with fully owned subsidiaries and presences in the United Kingdom, North America, France, Germany, Sweden and Italy, supported by a global network of vendors and distributors.