Managing Director – Mineral Exploration & Development Company
Tertiary Minerals plc
- Contract type
- Home/office based with overseas travel
- Closing date
Managing Director Vacancy – Mineral Exploration & Development Company
Tertiary Minerals plc, a long-established AIM traded mineral exploration and development company seeks a Managing Director to grow its business and add shareholder value.
The successful candidate will have a technical background and a proven track record at a senior level in the mining or mining finance industry and be strongly motivated to take the next career step. Exposure to public markets and company administration would be useful, but not essential.
The position can be home based but regular travel to the Company’s office in the UK will be required together with regular overseas travel. Salary, bonus and incentive package are negotiable, commensurate with experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work autonomously and on own initiative.
- Flexible and self-motivated with a very proactive approach.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Good IT and research skills.
- Excellent computer skills and understanding of Microsoft office packages.
- Able to travel at short notice.
- Minimum degree level qualification in geology or mining discipline.
- Full UK driving license (or be capable of being obtained immediately).
- The right to live and work in the UK.
- A valid passport allowing travel worldwide.
- Level of good health and physical fitness that is appropriate to the tasks involved in the job.
- Manage all project exploration and development activities including exploration and mine permitting.
- Develop, control and report on project budgets and timetables.
- Develop and deliver strategies to control project costs and timeframes.
- Develop and deliver strategies for project financing when appropriate.
- Lead, manage and execute community / stakeholder consultation processes and government relations.
- Instigate and manage contractual arrangements with suppliers, contractors and joint venture partners.
- Build, lead, manage and motivate a project delivery team when appropriate; and generate new projects for the Company.
- Act as Company Director for all Group Companies.
- Lead and manage a small team of employees responsible for administrative, accounting and data management functions of the Group.
- Prepare Board papers, manage and attend all Board meetings.
- Oversee annual audit, preparation of annual and interim shareholder reports.
- Manage and attend all shareholder meetings.
- Liaise with and manage relationships with Company’s Nominated Adviser, brokers and share registrars.
- Draft regulatory news releases as required.
- Present to and represent the Company at various industry and investor forums and meetings with other brokers and investors.
- Developing and managing the Company’s PR and IR strategies.
- Raise funds for the Company on a periodic basis through the equity (and debt) markets.
- Develop, manage, and ensure compliance with Company policies on health and safety, anti-corruption, share dealing, corporate governance, CSR etc. as appropriate to the jurisdictions in which the Company operates, and
- Execute the responsibilities of a company director according to lawful and ethical standards.
Please email your CV to: [email protected]