Laboratory Technician – Metallurgical and Chemical Analysis Department
- Contract type
- Redditch, Worcestershire
- Closing date
- 16 Sep 2022
- The technician will be based predominantly within both the metallurgical and chemical analysis department of the laboratory but will also provide the necessary contact and support to the shop floor through collection and analysis of process solutions.
- The technician must be methodical and work closely to procedures.
- The technician must be able to work to tight deadlines without being closely supervised.
- The technician will be able to work unsupervised and manage their workload after the necessary training has been completed.
- The technician must be flexible and able to provide a reasonable level of overtime as required to support the business (agreed on a weekly basis).
Scope and Responsibilities
- Wet Chemical Analysis (including but not limited to acid base titrations, ph. measurements, sugar content in solutions)
- Preparation and standardisation of stock solutions
- Liaise with the onsite chemical service provider
- Trend analysis of process solutions
- Hydrogen testing
- Metallographic preparation and testing
- Microindentation testing
- Calibration of test equipment
- Provide support to the HSE department as required
- Support chemical process audits
- Closely follow technical procedures
- Cover ad hoc duties as required - data entry via LIMS, record keeping, stock control.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience of titrations and preparation of solutions
- Calibration of lab equipment
- Metallographic preparation and assesment
- High level of accuracy
- Able to use Microsoft office proficiently
- Experience working in a NADCAP/ISO 17025 laboratory is desirable.
- Training can be provided to suitable applicants.
- Compliance with EHS and legislative standards
- Compliance with PPE and all other safety policies and procedures
- Promotes safe working practices
- Participate in risk assessment and “near miss” risk mitigation activities
- Ensuring the service provided is of the highest standard
- Carrying out tasks right first time to the required standard
- Carrying out tasks in the appropriate timeframe
- Conclusion of tasks on time and to the required standard
- Proactively identifying cost saving measures ensuring no detriment to any services provided
- Professional standards of written and verbal communication between internal and external customers
- Works in compliance with all Mettis policies and procedures
- Ambassador for Mettis Group
- Role model for the Company’s Vision, Mission and Value
More information and apply please email - [email protected]