Coatings Technology Manager
- Contract type
- Eye, Suffolk
- Closing date
- 13 Dec 2023
Background to the Company
Permastore is the technical market leader in the design, development, manufacture, and supply of modular bolted Glass-Fused-to-Steel (GFtS), fusion bonded epoxy coated and Stainless-Steel containment storage solutions. Permastore is committed to providing the highest quality internationally recognised tanks and silos through its extensive global network of distributors who are responsible for customer supply and installation.
- To play an integral part in leading the Company’s research activities on Glass-Fused-to-Steel and fusion bonded epoxy coatings.
- To establish and enhance the scientific and technological aspects of coating processes on steel substrates.
- To drive continuous improvement in the development of technical product performance.
- To play a leading role in the management and co-ordination of research and development projects with academic and other external partners.
- To manage the coatings team to deliver tasks and activities relating to identifying non-optimal process conditions, increasing plant efficiency, and troubleshooting any deficiencies in coatings and their respective process lines.
- To produce technical reports and papers, for both internal and external audiences, on all aspects of coating and process development projects.
- Proven experience of more than 3 years, ideally in a similar or related position.
- Ideally a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a Materials, Engineering, or Chemistry related discipline. Other science or technical disciplines will also be considered.
- Proven ability to develop project plans and manage individual deadlines and goals.
- Excellent communication, organisation, and motivational skills, with the ability to coach individuals.
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Robust but pragmatic style of working with peers, not afraid to challenge the status quo both internally and externally.
- Open style and a team player, with initiative and drive.
- A technical background in manufacturing or coatings processes is preferred but not essential.
- Must have the right to work in the UK.
Attraction of the Opportunity
- Negotiable salary
- Company Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Life assurance
- On site parking provided
- 25 days holidays
For a copy of the full job description, please contact [email protected]