British Lime Association Manager
Mineral Products Association
- Contract type
- London, England, United Kingdom, Hybrid
- Closing date
- 07 Aug 2022
About the job
Great opportunity for either an experienced Associations sector professional or a technical materials specialist looking for their next career move to further develop their experience and skills further in a major Product group for our leading UK Trade Association.
Within the post, you will have the chance to contribute to an essential industry critical to the UK construction and manufacturing sector.
Reporting to, and supported by, our Director responsible for this product area, you will help delivering industry objectives for our Members.
As well as supporting our Director generally with those objectives, some of your other core duties will be:
- Assisting our Members with all matters of regulatory engagement and compliance and providing support for the key policy implications faced by in respect of environmental, energy and climate change issues.
- Facilitating the communication of environmental and sustainability performance and advocacy on all key matters facing the industry.
- Contribute to the sector’s sustainability strategies, including the collation of data and providing analysis on the industry’s sustainability performance.
- Analyse and develop the our position on Government consultations and Parliamentary inquiries and provide specific product group input to our overall Association responses.
You will form part of a small but highly effective and agile team as well as work closely with our Member companies, central / devolved Government departments and the regulatory agencies.
What are we looking for in you in return?
- Both knowledge and experience of UK and EU legislation in relevant areas and an understanding of the processes involved in development of regulations is important.
- Experience in a similar industry, consultancy or another Trade Body would be advantageous, and we see two possible entry routes to the role. Either a technical background of someone who can run this product group but also contribute to carbon and environment policy, or a current Trade Association professional who can run all the organisation needed but who will defer to our other team experts for analytical and policy input.
- Able to interpret sometimes complex industry issues and communicate these simply.
- Finally, a self-starter, who can self manage a workload independently, but also works closely and effectively with colleagues.
A time for change, and a time to influence your whole sector positively? Please get in touch.
Please note: Our offices are located in London, Victoria but flexible arrangements are possible as long as you have good access to London. Travel will be involved as required, both within the UK to our Member locations and occasionally mainland Europe.
CVs to Steve Huxham - [email protected]