Become Honorary Treasurer of Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining
Are you passionate about the Institute and its goals? Would you like to give something back to the materials, minerals, and mining communities? Looking for a new challenge for your personal development or to broaden your experience? In our 151st year we are looking for leaders who have a passion for our community to serve on the Board of Trustees. Being on the Board provides an opportunity to influence the strategic direction and governance of IOM3, and to shape the future of the Institute.
We have a vacancy for a qualified professional to join our Board of Trustees as an Honorary Treasurer for an initial four-year term of office. As well as attending up to 7 Board meetings a year, with a of maximum 2 meetings requiring physical attendance, the Honorary Treasurer chairs the Finance Committee and attends the Audit and Remuneration Committees.
We expect the successful individual to have:
- a strong understanding of commercial and not-for-profit sector financial reports (accountancy qualification desirable);
- an understanding of the financial dynamics of a professional body;
- experience of strategic financial planning;
- ability to present financial information clearly to a range of audiences.
- experience of the governance of budgetary and contract management;
- experience of risk management;
The successful candidate will be able to access training on the roles and responsibilities of a charitable Trustee, committee chairing and other training opportunities as appropriate.
How to apply for this post
If you would like an informal conversation about the role, please contact our Finance Director Julija Bugajeva (firstname.lastname@example.org). To apply, please send your CV and a brief covering letter stating how you feel you fulfil the requirements of the role to Julija by 30 November 2020.