What is in the digital library?
IOM3 has fortunately, through our many mergers, held on to most of the library collection giving us a large historical record of materials and mining content. Our library team acts as a point of enquiry for members and the public, and the physical library protects some of our oldest books, journals and maps as well as theses and reports.
We recently began digitising IOM3 copyright content to support an international audience of members, aid research and education and open up our information to a wider audience.
The digitisation team hope that current practitioners and historians will enjoy exploring our content related to the work of such industry giants as Bessemer, Mellor, Wernher, Twiss and others. It has also been enlightening to see the old advertisements – just how much was a mining engineer paid in the 1970s? What was the British product from which all Lithophones originated?
Digitised items so far come from:
- British Ceramic Transactions
- Bulletin of the Institution of Mining and Metallurgy
- IRI Year Book 1921 – 22
- Journal of The Institute of Wood Science
- Journal of the Iron and Steel Institute
- The Iron and Steel Institute Transactions
- Transactions of the Institution of Mining and Metallurgy
- Transactions of the Institution of Mining and Metallurgy, Section A: Mining Industry
- Transactions of the Institution of Mining and Metallurgy, Section B: Applied Earth Science
- Transactions of the Institution of Mining and Metallurgy, Section C, Mineral Processing and Extractive Metallurgy
- Transactions of the Institution of Mining Engineers
- Transactions of the Institution of the Rubber Industry
- The Metals Society Act 1973
- A guide to polishing and etching of technical and engineering ceramics Clinton D.J
- An introduction to the technology of pottery Rado P.
- Ceramics glaze technology Taylor J.R., Bull A.C.
- Health and safety in ceramics: a guide for educational workshops and studios ed. Cubbon R.C.P
- Joining of ceramics ed. Nicholas M.G.
- Portland cement composition, production and properties Bye G.C.
- Vitreous enamelling: a guide to modern enamelling practice Maskall K.A., White D.
- The Physical Chemistry of Copper Smelting Ruddle R.W.
- Tomorrow’s Materials Easterling K.
- Proceedings of the symposium on the prevention of spontaneous combustion 1970
- Proceedings: Parsons 2007 power generation in an era of change
- Proceedings: PVC 2014
- Proceedings Silicosis pneumoconiosis and dust suppression in mines 1953
To view the digitised content visit our digital library page
You need to register to read and download documents. This registration information does not need to be the same as your membership information.