Editor of Heat Treatment and Surface Engineering
Heat Treatment and Surface Engineering is an Open Access and international peer reviewed academic journal which aims to foster and promote the scientific understanding and technological development in the areas of heat treatment and surface engineering of metals and other materials.
We are looking for a new Editor with an academic background in the field as well as the passion to work with the Editor, Prof. Deliang Zhang, the Executive Editor, Dr Ning Yu, and the editorial board to drive the journal forward in an exciting period of change. It is a significant role, with high profile, but one that is achievable within a continuing busy working academic timetable.
The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making on submissions. They will have authority to accept articles following successful peer review and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal's Code of Publishing Ethics. There will be an agreed handover period with the out-going Editor and the remaining Editors to ensure seamless transition.
Taylor & Francis will provide remuneration for the role to cover any journal-related expenses. Taylor & Francis will supply annual reports reflecting on the performance of the Journal. The Journal utilises an online editorial office system Editorial Manager. Becoming the Editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
• Someone who is active in the community with strong personal networks
• Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
• Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
• The ability to foster positive working relat ionships with colleagues such as other editors
• This position is a co-editorship.
The role will formally begin from 1 January 2020.
How to apply for this post
If you would like to apply for the position of Editor please forward your CV, a covering letter and a vision statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
• Where you believe the field is going, and the journal's place within it
• How you would work in partnership with tlhe editorial board
• How you would maintain and increase the quality of submissions
• How you would work with authors