Materials for Architecture 2018
A highly focused event, dedicated to exploring innovation in the development and specification of construction materials for building structures, envelopes, façades and finishes.
The Materials for Architecture 2018 conference programme will include talks and debates from many key industry figures about a wide variety of materials, discussing the innovative developments and uses across the construction industry. Architects, engineers, academics, manufacturers, and associations will share their experience and knowledge.
Topics expected to be covered in the Materials 2018 conference programme include:
- Utilising BIM and designing for manufacture and assembly)
- Design aspects of zinc alloy cladding, roofing or other architectural elements
- Perforated cladding materials for facades
- ETFE and tensile envelopes for the building sector – what’s next?
- ‘Expect the unexpected’ – materials that behave counter-intuitively – application of auxetic materials as architectural systems
- BIPV / Glass – The latest technologies in thin-film PV photovoltaic solar glass
- Innovations in concrete – such as light emitting / permeable / ultra-high performance concrete
- Architectural application of wood-based responsive building skins
- Latest trends in composites in construction and innovative applications using FRP materials
- Rammed earth case studies as a return to the use of highly traditional material
- Enabling a circular building industry with cradle to cradle inspired buildings
- Phase-change materials for ultimate thermal efficiency
- Unbreakable materials: graphene and precise polymer nanotrusses.
See full details on the event website.