Casting & Solidification - Mission
Our objectives include the following:
- To establish the Institute as an important voice within the Casting and Solidification community.
- To bring industry and academics closer together to support new developments, in particular, novel manufacturing techniques, links with design technology, process modelling and to promote the improvement of the transfer of results from academia to industry.
- To provide value and support to individual members of the Institute with particular interest in Casting and Solidification Science and Technology.
- To examine new issues within the Casting and Solidification Industry, with particular emphasis of environmental controls.
- To promote education and training, particularly the provision of professional development material for all within the Casting and Solidification community.
- To foster the interests of younger members involved in the castings industry.
- To collaborate with the other Technical Divisions, national and International organisations and regional sections on areas of mutual interest.