Organised by IOM Communications on behalf of the Society of Adhesion and Adhesives, part of the IOM3 Surface Engineering Division
Adhesion '13 will be the 12th in the series of international conferences held since 1980. Earlier 'Adhesion' conferences have been held at Durham in 1980, Nottingham in 1984, York in 1987 and 1993, Cambridge in 1990, 1996 and 1999, Glasgow in 2002, Oxford in 2005 and 2008, and York in 2011; Adhesion '13 will return to the University of York from 4-6 September 2013 [Directions].
The organising committee is drawn from specialists well-known to the international adhesion community and is chaired by Jim Palmer. The conference will contain papers on all aspects of the science and technology of adhesion and adhesives, including many of the following:
• Adhesion in the marine environment
• Adhesives for electronic applications
• Advances in adhesive materials: structural and pressure-sensitive adhesives
• Bio-adhesion and biomedical adhesion
• Engineering aspects of adhesion and engineering applications
• Environmental and ecological aspects
• Fundamental aspects of adhesion
• Industrial aspects
• Innovative designs and applications
• Mechanical properties of bonded joints including joint design and durability
• Nano technology as applied to adhesives
• New crosslinking chemistries and novel polymer structures used in adhesives
• Quality procedures, testing and standardisation
• Science, technology and properties of surfaces
The Conference programme will give high priority to a poster session.
The 9th Wake Memorial Lecture and the presentation of the de Bruyne Medal for 2013 will form the two principal foci of the Conference; previous recipients of both awards can be seen on the SAA Community Board/Awards page.
The full programme (PDF 95 KB) is now available to all those interested in the science and technology of adhesion and adhesives. Author and delegate registration are now available through the IOM3 Events website.
Although oral submission is closed, we are still more than happy to accept offers of papers for Poster presentation: title, authors, authors' affiliation(s) and presenting author's e-mail address should be sent to John Bishopp (email@example.com) with a copy to Melanie Boyce at IOM3 (firstname.lastname@example.org).