Scholarship and Bursary Awards 2013
The Institute is inviting applications for its 2013 Scholarship and Bursary Awards, which are judged in respect of academic excellence.
Candidates merely seeking assistance for financial hardship will not be considered, so submissions must specify academic ability. The available awards are:
- Bosworth Smith Trust Fund. For postgraduate research into metal mining, nonferrous extraction metallurgy or mineral dressing.
- Centenary Scholarship. For first or second year undergraduates who are student members of the Institute, to help career development in minerals and mining.
- Edgar Pam Fellowship. For the postgraduate study of minerals and mining by those living in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa and the UK who wish to undertake further study in the UK.
- G Vernon Hobson Bequest. To help the teaching and practice of geology applied to mining.
- Mining Club Award. For travel purposes for British citizens aged 21–35 engaged in the minerals industry.
- Stanley Elmore Fellowship Fund. To support UK university-based research into extractive metallurgy and mineral processing.
- The Tom Seaman Travelling Scholarship. For a member, 35 years or younger, who is training or has completed training for a mining or related technology career.
Submissions must be returned by 6 April 2013 to Graham Woodrow, Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining, The Boilerhouse, Springfield Business Park, Caunt Road, Grantham, Lincolnshire, NG31 7FZ. Tel: 01476 513886. Fax: 01476 513899.