IOM3 members honoured in Queen's Birthday list
,21 Jun 2010
The following Institute members have been recognised in this year's Queen's Birthday Honours:
- Professor Colin John Humphreys CBE FREng FIMMM, Director of Research, Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy at the University of Cambridge, has been knighted for services to science. Humphreys was president of IOM3 from 2002-2003.
- Professor Athene Margaret Donald FIMMM, Deputy Head of Cavendish Laboratory and Director of the Women in Science, Engineering and Technology Initiative, University of Cambridge, receives a DBE for services to physics.
- For services to fire safety, Affiliate member Dr Deborah Anita Smith, Director of the Building Research Establishment, received an OBE.
- Hugh James Mackay MIWSc, Group Technical Director, Stewart Milne Group, is now an MBE, for services to the timber industry. He has been with the Group since it began in 1975.
- David Radcliffe Stone OBE CEng FIMMM adds a CBE to his title for services to healthcare. He is Chairman of Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, NHS Foundation Trust.
- Balvinder Singh Sokhi CEng FIMMM receives an MBE for supporting the Nottingham community. He is extremely active in the city's West Lions Club, where volunteers come together to help their community, and served as its president for 15 years.
Full list of Birthday Honours