Winners announced for IOM3 Awards and Prizes 2006
The Institute is proud to announce the winners of this year’s awards and prizes. The premier award winners are as follows:
- Professor H Bhadeshia, University of Cambridge, receives the Bessemer Gold Medal for outstanding services to the steel industry.
- Professor B Tighe from Aston University wins the Chapman Medal for distinguished research in biomedical materials.
- Personnel from Dynamic Ceramic secure the Gold Medal for significant contributions to the industrial application of materials.
- Dr P S Bate, University of Manchester, receives the Griffith Medal and Prize in recognition of distinguished work in materials science.
- Professor G D S Smith of the University of Oxford, receives the Platinum Medal in recognition of outstanding service to the Institute and materials science and technology.
- Dr S McArthur from The Kroto Research Institute, receives the Silver Medal for Younger Members (normally under the age of 30) in recognition of an outstanding contribution to materials science, engineering and technology including promotion of their subject.
- Dr D S Flett, St Barbara Consultancy Services, wins the Futers Gold Medal for outstanding services to the international minerals industry.
- Dr J Groom of Anglo American secures the Medal for Excellence for conspicuous contribution to the art, science and practice of the mining industry.
- Vascutec Ltd wins the Prince Philip Award for polymers in the service of mankind.
- Professor J Harris takes the Sir Andrew Bryan Award for sustained and outstanding contributions to the Institute and its activities.
- Professor M Gilbert of Loughborough University receives the Swinburne Award to recognise an outstanding contribution to the advancement and knowledge of any field related to the science, engineering or technology of plastics.
Premier winners will be presented with their awards on 6th July at the Institute’s Awards Dinner at 1 Carlton House Terrace.
Contact Rachel Brooks on 01476 514594, Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org.