Nano Committee - mission
- Be the focus for the Institute's activities in the area of nanomaterials and nanotechnology.
- Define the Scope of the Institute's activities in this area, with particular emphasis on the materials science and engineering, materials integration, processing, characterization and properties of nanomaterials and nanosystems, and safety and risk assessment.
- Act as a single point within the Institute for the collation and dissemination of information to Institute members.
- Identify and organise programmes of meetings with the aim of promoting awareness, education and technical and scientific advances in this field.
- Identify publishing and other commercial opportunities for the Institute associated with this technical area.
- Monitor the Institute's activities in this area and to review their effectiveness.
- Maintain a broad committee membership, reflecting the full spectrum of activity in the area of nanomaterials and nanotechnology, and to represent this area within the Institute.
- Respond as appropriate to national and international initiatives in this area.
- To organise a minimum of one meeting per year.
- To support Materials World with a series of quality, awareness and technical papers.
- To maintain the Institute amongst the foremost scientific and engineering institutions and research bodies for nanomaterials and nanotechnology, and to ensure that the Institute is associated with the planning of future UK and European meetings in this field.
- To develop and maintain the Institute's online presence in the field of nanomaterials and nanotechnology, including the maintenance of web pages and links to the web sites of other relevant institutions.