The Materials KTN's design exchange
Materials for Design - Ideas, Inspiration, Information
The design exchange, part of the Materials Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN), brings together the communities of design and materials technology in order to stimulate innovation, promote the transfer of materials knowledge and improve the competitiveness of UK business.
The Materials KTN is funded by Government through the Technology Strategy Board, forging a link between designers and other sectors of the KTN concerned with metals, plastics, textiles and the full range of modern materials.
The core partners of the design exchange are the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IOM3), the Royal College of Art (RCA), the Design Council, the Institution of Engineering Designers (IED) and the Engineering Employers Federation (EEF South). Registration with the design exchange is free and offers members:
- Networking of design through all sectors of the Materials Community
- Regular themed events including lectures and workshops
- Magazine, newsletter and e-alerts
- Resource centre for reference materials, samples and processes
- Website featuring a virtual resource centre
- Team of design / materials mentors
- Network of expert materials advisors
- Brokerage to assist innovators with development projects
If you are already registered with the Materials KTN, please update your interests to include the design exchange.
If you have problems with the above link go to the main Materials KTN site and click "Register" in the left-hand sidebar.