Senior Refractory Engineer - Primetals Technologies Ltd, Stockton
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Primetals Technologies Ltd is a leader in the design & supply of equipment & project implementation within the global metallurgical industries. We currently have an opportunity for an enthusiastic & highly motivated, principal or senior refractory engineer with good all round experience in industrial applications based in UK, Stockton office.
You will have excellent communication skills & be able to work effectively in a team environment or independently as required.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / TASKS
- Prepare basic engineering information and specifications for enquiry / tender purposes.
- Prepare detailed cost and man-hour estimates.
- Attend client / contractor meetings on a refractory material basis.
- Preparation of basic and/or detail refractory drawings.
- Preparation of calculations for all designs of Blast Furnace Refractory solutions using in-house software.
- Supervision of other personnel within the department.
- Witness QA/QC activities and produce reports for submission to clients.
- Provide Technical Supervision during the Site Installation of Projects.
- Good all round knowledge of Refractory Materials and Solutions for Blast Furnace applications or similar, including calculation abilities and skills in Excel and other software.
- Good understanding of project management principles.
- Good working knowledge & understanding of Engineering standards and relevant quality standards.
- Background in both office design and site environments.
- Computer literate with a sound working knowledge of MS Word, Access, Excel
EDUCATIONAL / PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- HND/Degree preferred but higher levels of experience without these will be viewed positively.
- Fluent English speaking
- International work assignments are a mandatory component of the role, hence, you must be willing to work within an office or site environment in the UK or overseas location
- A driving license would be a necessary requirement.
Primetals Technologies, Limited, headquartered in London, is a worldwide leading engineering, plant-building and lifecycle partner for the metals industry. The company offers a complete technology, product and service portfolio that includes the integrated electrics, automation and environmental solutions. This covers every step of the iron and steel production chain that extends from the raw materials to the finished product – in addition to the latest rolling solutions for the nonferrous metals sector.
Primetals Technologies is a joint venture of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) and Siemens. Mitsubishi-Hitachi Metals Machinery (MHMM) - an MHI consolidated group company with equity participation by Hitachi, Ltd. and IHI Corporation - holds a 51% stake and Siemens a 49% stake in the company. The company employs around 7,000 employees worldwide.