NPDI Project Manager - Doncasters Bramah, Sheffield
We are recruiting for a Project Manager to manage an NPDI Project in the NPDI team. The NPDI team is responsible for development and industrialisation of new products in to the business. As part of the NPDI team the role will be customer focused and pivotal to the successful growth of the business.
- Manage small and large NPDI projects, working with customers to take new products through industrialization and the gated process.
- Work with engineering and quality teams to formulate development and ramp up plans for new products
- Create and manage capital appropriation requests for bringing new equipment into the business
- Create and maintain project plans
- Manage project budgets
- Manage project resource planning
- Be customer focus point on NPDI projects
- Manage all internal project status reports
- Work with operations teams to arrange time for development trials.
- Support, develop and train the NPDI Process engineers.
The successful candidate will have the following skills / experience
- Project Management experience in Aerospace or automotive manufacturing, and knowledge of NPDI and Project based management systems.
- Experience of a range of relevant manufacturing processes, including CAD CAM, CNC/turning, sheet metal work, laser, super plastic forming, EDM, Brazing, EBW and welding processes
- Qualified to HNC level or above in a Manufacturing or Production Engineering discipline. Significant industry experience is required if the applicant does not have the necessary qualification.
- Familiar with AS9100 requirements
- Green belt, black belt or other recognised lean manufacturing training
If you have the drive, passion and skills to succeed and want great career opportunities, to work with a great team and be part of one of the oldest manufacturing organisations in the Country then apply now.
£38,000 - £45,000 pa