NPDI Process Engineer - Doncasters Bramah, Sheffield
We are recruiting for an additional Process engineer to provide engineering support to the NPDI team of a circa £35m per annum turnover manufacturing plant specialising in Fabrication. The NPDI team is responsible for development and industrialisation of new products in to the business. As part of the NPDI team the role will be customer focused and pivotal to the successful growth of the business.
- Supporting special process engineers to coordinate development trials for NPDI
- Creation of formal trial reports to document results and outcomes for completed new product trials
- Develop process technique sheets and Standard Operating Procedures
- Create process routing to be used by operations team
- Training and ‘hands on’ assistance for Operations personnel throughout the development process
- Creation, amendment and control of Part Records, Bills of Material and Manufacturing Routings within the company’s ERP system
- Calculation and allocation of Standard Hour content within Manufacturing Routings to facilitate monitoring of operational efficiency, accurate capacity planning and support of financial and commercial processes
- Identification of the requirements for Tooling, Data Cards, Manufacturing Stage Drawings, CNC programs, CMM programs, Technique Sheets etc
- Preparation and submission of relevant documentation where customer approval of processes is required
- Support management of change to customer and third party technical requirements
The successful candidate will have the following skills or knowledge:
- Qualified to degree level or above in a Manufacturing or Production Engineering discipline.
- You will be a highly motivated individual who holds innovation and continuous improvement in the highest regard.
- You will also have demonstrable experience of engineering in a manufacturing facility.
- Ideally have process development trials with formal reporting coordination experience and exposure to a range of relevant manufacturing processes, including CAD CAM, CNC/turning, sheet metal work, laser, super plastic forming, EDM, Brazing, EBW and welding processes.
If you have the drive, passion and skills to succeed and want great career opportunities, to work with a great team and be part of one of the oldest manufacturing organisations in the Country then apply now.