Alloy Design Engineer - OxMet Technologies, Oxford
We are seeking talented and motivated team members to work as Alloy Design Engineers.
The ideal candidate will have a strong academic background with experience in developing materials from a laboratory environment to commercial practice.
Experience in computational materials modelling for the development of alloys is desirable.
Understanding of alloy production processes, manufacturing techniques and materials testing is also desired.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing new computational models which provide physical insight into the behaviour of alloys, developing improved understanding of the composition-processing-property relationships for alloy design purposes.
- Conducting materials processing trials and materials testing programmes on alloys, defining the necessary analytical and experimental methods needed to prove properties of new alloys and validating materials models.
- Contributing to decision making regarding development of research projects and growth of company capabilities and providing technical and managerial support to delivering engineering projects.
- Relevant work experience though a Ph.D with post-qualification research experience or within industry.
- Deep knowledge of physical metallurgy of at least one of the following: steels, aluminium, nickel, titanium.
- Experience of collaborating with industry and of building industrial relationships; able to manage industry focussed research programmes and build an appropriate team to ensure delivery of high quality work to clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to interact with a range of stakeholders including academia, industry, and investors.
- Strong team player with the ability to work productively on your own
A highly competitive remuneration package is offered, including salary and equity incentives.
To apply submit a CV and a supporting statement by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The supporting statement should explain how you meet the selection criteria for the post using examples of your skills and experience.
All documents should be uploaded as PDF files with your name and document type in the filename.
Please provide details of two referees and indicate if we can contact them now.
OxMet Technologies creates the next generation of high performance alloys. The company has an established portfolio of IP encompassing alloy design methods, proprietary software and optimised alloys. We target a broad range of market sectors, including: aerospace, automotive, defence, medical-devices, energy and consumer goods. OxMet Technologies was founded by an internationally renowned engineering team based at the University of Oxford. The team has significant experience conducting materials engineering research and development for a variety of blue-chip companies. With support from Oxford Sciences Innovation - a major investor in University of Oxford spin-out companies – OxMet Technologies is extremely wellpositioned for rapid growth.