Introduction to Silicone Elastomers
The properties and processing of silicone elastomers are often very different from other Elastomers.
This course is structured to provide an understanding and overview of the main types of silicone elastomer currently available and will give a comparison of chemical structure; manufacturers; grades; properties; compounding; processing and applications between each type.
Enough basic polymer science is included to understand these topics, and extensive use will be made of samples and other visual aids to assist. Reference is made to the place of silicone rubber relative to other commercial polymers
Who Will Benefit
- Product designers; engineers; quality assurance; technical support; sales/marketing personnel.
- Material suppliers; processors and manufacturers of finished and semi-finished products/components.
- Anyone with an interest in Silicone Elastomers wishing to gain a better understanding of this material
- Introduction to the major types (HVs, RTVs, LSRs).
- Modifications to basic MQ (VMQ, PMQ, PVMQ, FMQ, FVMQ), structure and properties.
- Compounding and additives.
- Processing (moulding, extrusion, coating, fabrication, curing), concentrating on aspects peculiar to silicone elastomers
- Commercial materials and grades.
- Future Potential.
+44 1939 252312
Approved for Professional Development by IOM3