HiPerNano 2011: Nanotechnology for Extreme Environments
Organised by the Nanotechnology KTN
Co-sponsored by IOM3
Performance engineering industries face the challenges of ensuring product reliability and performance under a range of extreme environments such as extreme temperature, pressure, friction, wear, corrosion, stress and impact. HiPerNano 2011 is an annual showcase of new developments in nanomaterials alongside industry end-user presentations on the challenges to be
This one-day workshop will bring together automotive, aerospace, energy, security, medical and nanomaterials industries and researchers to raise awareness of new developments in nanoenhanced materials solutions.
Technologies will include applications of nanocoatings, nanoparticulates and nanostructuring for metallics, ceramics and polymers.
- Vestas who will discuss the wind energy sector
- European Space Agency (ESTEC) on the demands of space applications
- National Centre for Advanced Tribology, discussing novel coatings development
- Durham University overviewing applications for graphene
- Loughborough University developments in nanoceramics.