Materials Protecting People
Organised by IOM Communications Ltd on behalf of the Industry and Technology Policy Board of the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining
Materials Protecting People is the third seminar in the hugely popular Materials Protecting Society (MPS) series of events.
In recognition of the need for society to respond to the modern-day challenges such as terrorism, natural disasters, climate change and an ageing population, the MPS series aims to emphasise the important role of materials in developing solutions to the many challenges that arise.
The Materials Protecting People seminar will include high quality presentations from experts in their area aiming to address the role of materials in the key areas of healthcare, air quality and protection & security together with an underlying awareness of the essential requirements for sustainability.
Topics that are being considered are:
- Antibacterial surfaces
- Smart materials for better drug targeting and improved patient delivery
- Protection of people in the hospital environment
- Implant materials
- Electric vehicles
- Fossil fuels - part of the solution or is it renewables all the way?
- The role of surface engineering in helping to clean up our cities
- Protection & Security
- Fire prevention
- Terrorism/Crime prevention-biological forensics
- Body armour
A detailed speaker programme will be announced by early September
Who should attend:
Local government officers
Engineers including health and safety professionals
Emergency services personnel