Skip to main content
Corrosion Committee - mission
- To determine and provide for the learned society and professional needs of members of the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining and others with interests in the corrosion of metals and the environmental degradation of materials.
- To disseminate knowledge from advances in corrosion technology to the engineering fraternity by means of conferences, publications, exhibitions etc.
- To encourage and, where possible, to contribute corrosion science and engineering expertise to the development of Standards and Codes of Practice in corrosion and prevention.
- To identify and seek to fill gaps in the UK provision of continuing education in corrosion science and engineering.
- To develop productive links with other bodies in the UK and elsewhere, having interest in corrosion and protection.
- To encourage technical cooperation between industry and Universities in promoting research and the development and application of advances in corrosion and protection technology.
- To encourage submission of articles to Corrosion Engineering, Science and Technology and to other journals of the Institute and to nominate a member of the committee (conventionally the Chair) to sit as an ex-officio member of the Editorial Board of Corrosion Engineering, Science and Technology
- To encourage the activities of Affiliated Regional Societies in the Corrosion field in the UK.
- To assemble recommendations for the award of relevant Medals and Prizes for the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining and for other appropriate bodies.
- To seek, in its activities, to make a positive financial contribution to the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining