Starpack Industry Awards 2012 - Categories
Follow the links below or in the side menu to see winning pack photos, judges' comments and original judging criteria for each category.
Luxury & Giftware category – including seasonal packaging such as Christmas-gifts or Easter Eggs, or high-end products like perfume or jewellery
- Non Alcoholic and Alcoholic Beverages category – packaging for liquid or dry tea, coffee, soft drinks, wine, beer, spirits etc.
- Food category – all food packaging including fresh, frozen or other
Health & Beauty Care category – includes supplements, cosmetics, perfumes, hair-, body- and oral-care, pharmaceutical and OTC medicines, healthcare & vitamins
- Other categories – any product not captured in the specific categories such as household, home & garden, automotive, toys, clothing, DIY, and electrical
- Pack/Product Integration category – graphic designers and product designers have been creatively inventing new forms of packaging to maximize the function of product packaging
- Graphic Design and Decoration category – graphic and new or existing reproduction techniques that add outstanding value to the pack, aesthetic or other
Retail Ready / Point of Sale category – end of aisle display units, shelf ready and chilled distribution
- Structural Design category – practical solutions that blend inspiration and creativity into sales-performing product
- Technical Innovation category – the application of technology and creative thinking that benefits the quality of the product contained, its presentation, the raw-materials used, the pack construction – useability, openability, supply chain efficiency convenience in production
- Transit category – packaging designed to ship a product from one place to another. Incorporating Business to Business and Business 2 Consumer, industrial (heavy duty), distribution packaging, direct to front door, internet sales
- Green Star Environment & Sustainability Award – in the Judges' view the idea that best addresses the environmental question
- Special Recognition Awards – packs from the various award categories will be put forward for Special Recognition Awards.