Starpack Industry Awards 2011 Graphic Design Print & Decoration category
Supported by Pacific Inks
Graphic Design, Print and Decoration - Printing techniques, Surface treatment, Graphics etc
Pointers - Cartons, Labels, Sleeves, Cans, Bottles, Embossing, Artworks
- Fit for purpose -3 P's / safety / legality / dispenses well / openability / Filling line performance / distribution/relevant to product
- Environmental - minimises use of materials / recyclability / re-usability / sustainability / minimises waste
- Design - Functional and graphic design/ visual impact / shelf presence / image/directions for use (where relevant)
- Innovation - Use of new materials/new manufacturing techniques/ novel features/ takes packaging forward
- Overall Impact - Sells and promotes the product/ creates a new market for the product / distinctive image /stands out from competitors/delivers discernable competitive advantage
Name: Nestlé - Aero Biscuit
Entrant: DS Smith Speciality Packaging Belper
Judges' comments: Well executed pack. Good print quality. Well thought out - well matched tray to pack.
Name: Rapeseed Oil Display
Entrant: DS Smith Corrugated
Judges' comments: Well executed - good openin. Good synergy between bottle and pack.