Casting & Solidification - Mission
Our objectives include the following:
- To establish the Institute as an important voice within the broad castings community.
- To bring industry and academics closer together to support new developments, in particular of novel manufacturing techniques, process modelling and improvements and to transfer results to industry.
- To provide value and support to individual members of the Institute with a particular interest in Castings.
- To examine new issues within the Casting Industry, with particular emphasis of environmental controls.
- To promote education and training, particularly the provision of professional development material for all foundry specialists.
- To foster the interests of younger members involved in the castings industry.
- To collaborate with the other Technical Divisions, national and International organisations and regional sections on areas of mutual interest.