Organised by IOM Communications Ltd on behalf of the British Composites Society
The International Conference on Manufacturing Advanced Composites will be held in Bristol over two days on 24-25 June 2015. The aim of the conference is to provide a forum where all those interested in composites manufacturing from the academic and industrial worlds can meet to interact and discuss their common interests.
There will be five major themes within the conference
- Assembly and Metrology - acknowledging that composite components are assembled into larger and more complex structures
- Automation - covering both AFP/ATL and flexible automation approaches
- Design for Manufacture in Composites - including related areas such as cost modelling
- Factories of the Future - including manufacturing sustainability and waste recovery
- Skills and Training issues - including the development of effective supply chains
Prior to the ICMAC conference there will be a free Open Day event on 23 June to inform the community of the work done to date by the EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Composites (CIMComp). CIMComp is a consortium of 4 UK universities (Led by Nottingham, in partnership with Bristol, Cranfield and Manchester) funded by the EPSRC to carry out a portfolio of research and technology related tasks across composites manufacturing.
Venue and booking
Approved for Professional Development by IOM3